December 27th, 2020
Plain Canada Clair
Year-end reflection of Patron Cheryl Stephens
As a founder and now the Patron of PLAIN Canada CLAIR, I want to report on our year of activity. It was only a year ago that we organized a home for Canada’s plain language supporters but we have accomplished a lot in a very difficult year.
1. the LinkedIn group PLAIN Canada with 250 members: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12301364/
2. websites in both English and French: PlainCanada.org and https://www.PlainCanada.org/accueil.html
3. a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PLAINCanadaCLAIR
4. monthly membership meetings with guest speakers
5. a webinar on the scientific support for using plain language
Volunteers at work
We also have an active planning board and several functioning committees for: advocacy, training, communication. Our first newsletter is under production.
Members of our training committee are contributing to the new training project of the International Plain Language Federation. Members of our group are participating in the work of Access Canada.
We have set these priorities
These goals were set after consulting our membership.
Promote and inform:
Subscribe to our newsletter.